Thursday 23 April 2015

Big ZZZzzzzz's and zimmers...

Last morning in Ioannina Hospital, an eerie outlook.
 Wow, what a difference a week makes.  On Friday we got early release for good behaviour from Hospital.  Jez picked me up in the early afternoon after we had gone through the hospitals discharge procedure, this meant Sandra taking some paperwork down to the hospital reception along with my European Health Card.  In the meantime I am held under armed guard in my room (not quite, but it felt like it) being repeated told that they could not remove the cannula until she returned.  Probably to make sure they are going to get paid.  Not that removing a needle would have proved an insurmountable problem.  They promised to email me the notes etc. from my stay so I could pass them on to our GP at home.  Still awaiting that, we may have to get back in touch.  Jim and Joan kindly loaned us a wheelchair and zimmer frame with which to ease my current mobility problems, thanks guys , I don't think I'm going to need it for too much longer.
Me and my zimmer in Cafe di Paris, Nidri.

Fire engine after the panic.
We have been back to the boat a couple of times since returning but as yet I have not had sufficient courage to walk the plank, I would end up doing a swallow dive and the water is cold.  I'll leave that to other G pontoon residents who are much better at it than I, you know who I mean Jules and Tommy.  Maybe next week I will have had my bravery pills.  Things are still improving very quickly, I have move almost away from the wheelchair onto the zimmer, and I'm planning to move to a walking stick soon.
Smitten in Sivota.

Our Morning view from the Sivota Rehab centre.
Having discovered that I have "oil" pressure, and type 2 diabetes we are now checking both these twice every day.  As yet everything seems to be pretty well as they should be but whether this is because of the drugs or the new healthy eating or mis-diagnosis in the first place I am not sure.  I am keeping detailed records to take home for our GP anyway.   More good news on the new me side of things, I've lost two Kg since getting to Sivota added to what I think I lost Hospital that's at least four Kilo's and could be as high as six, They didn't weigh me there, just told me to lose twenty Kg.  That means that I am now 99Kg 15st 8lb in old money.  Checking on my BMI it means that if I were half an inch taller I would only be overweight and not obese, anyone lend me half an inch?

Earlier this week, I walked with the zimmer right down Ray's drive to the bottom, which is fairly steep (just to prove I could) and having got there Ray pointed up the peninsular and there was a forest fire raging through the trees toward a property at the top of the rise, and it was being fanned along at a rate by a strongish breeze.  Ray fulfilled his civic duty and half an hour later the fire dept. was here doing their bit all very exciting stuff.  Until of curse when it's all over you think, I should have taken some pictures, well at least I got the fire engine!

It was nice to look over Sivota bay yesterday  and see Paul & Jules moored up with Smitten, we went down to the village and had a quick chat with them before going to Vounikas to have a lovely Lunch with Tree, Mike Tony and of course Liz.  We had a super afternoon thanks for the food and company guys.

We have had many, many nice things said and done for us over the last couple of week and, really it is all very humbling but also very much appreciated, I can understand people rallying for San because see's a people person but not me I'm just the one that hangs onto her shirt tails in the background.  Many thanks to one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.