Thursday 30 April 2015

A rare case of meniscus....

Halcyon Daze, I think so..
A sneaky peek at out current domicile.
 Strange title you may think but last weekend I was challenged by the ever artful Linda, to use the word meniscus in this weeks blog.  I could have cheated and said well there it is, above however, I thought she may cry foul at that one.  Or I may try some crude play on words; "introducing Meni Scus new wife of Hiawatha" or "Meni Scusers are selling spare wheels for a living"  Of course that would be cheap.  I did consider throwing Tony into the hog wash to see if the surface tension (meniscus) could support his very humble frame but thought better of that on the grounds that he was due to return to the UK this week and pneumonia wouldn't have gone down well.  So I guess that means I've failed at that little challenge.

Droopy gob sat on the boat steps.
 We have had another week of steady improvements as far as the stroke situation goes, still a long way to go but definitely we are heading in the right direction.  I have spoken to a couple of people this week who in the past had been in the same situation as me and I was totally unaware that they had ever had a stroke, that give me quite a lift knowing a complete recovery is possible.

Judas tree in vafkeri, glow in the dark almost.
My Guitar still makes a noise like a wailing cat so I guess that's back to normal already.  I just can't get my fingers to go in exactly the right places yet so I won't be troubling the guitar group on a Friday for some time.  Another good thing is that we have returned the wheelchair to it's rightful owner this morning, I only used it twice but it was needed and very much appreciated at the time.  I am hanging onto the zimmer for maybe another week, despite the fact that I am now mostly walking unaided, it's more of a mental crutch than a physical one.  I shall be buying a stout walking stick though in the next day or two as balance is a rather ethereal thing at the moment.

And a few more in the valley.
Had a ride up to Vafkeri this morning after returning the chair, to see David who was in great form despite it being year end and the books are still to finish.  The countryside is amazing at this time of year flowers and blossom the like of which are rarely seen elsewhere.  Then it was down hill to see Brain and Vicky's building (and camp) site just outside Nidri, Very nice I could choose a place like that, you don't have to have sea views or be stuck into a reamed out mountain side to have an attractive plot, an Olive grove with and adjacent stream will also do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.