Thursday 3 July 2014

A duck dinner....

I'm a duck plucker, a duck plucker's son....
 Friday morning up bright and early and the first task on the agenda is to catch, dispatch, pluck and dress eight ducks from no. one sons.  They are not a real problem to deal with once you have caught them, Gary tends to chase rather than coax them though so we had to bring a little chill to the proceedings.  We had one, Geoff had one, and what Gary wasn't using over the weekend went into the freezer for another time.  Ours was eaten on Sunday night as Chinese style crispy duck, yum yum.
Mark doing wheelies in the kitchen.

Mo's beautiful garden.
 Saturday morning it was time to go and visit Maureen and Mark.. We took Geoff along with us as he's been nattering to go and see the garden which has been much talked about but he had not yet seen.  He was impressed by how well it looked especially given the short time that Maureen has been working on it.

Mark was in good form once he'd been evicted from his bed, lazy bugger.  I think he looks an absolute king since we last saw him and Mo is looking great too.
...and well tended veg plot.

My growing scrap heap and the roller door beyond the tractor.
 As usual she put on a great spread for us to feast on the pear and Stilton tart was a real treat.  Mo spent hours making a fabulous banoffy pie only to be told by Sanny that she can't stand the stuff.  Never mind say's Geoff that means we can all have a bit more, Maureen made San a fruit salad as a consolation prize.

Into the new week and the farmer next door has been asking me to wire up a new roller shutter door on one of his barns.  I had said that I really didn't have much time available at the moment but if he run the armoured cables in I would connect them up for him.  After telling him what he needed and what to do I left him to it.  When I returned after he had completed it I connected up the mains, he had done the starter box which looked fine but nothing would work.  We got a new starter and it didn't work either and I'm scratching my head knowing that it would be down to the limit switches and auto stop controls on the door.  After about an hour or so the penny finally dropped.  The cable which went into the starter from the mains and the cable which went up to the motor had been wired to the wrong side of the starter so that the control circuits weren't powered dohhhhh, now I know why I gave up electrical works thirty years ago.  Anyway it's all working now.
Our Garage in mid transformation.

The rest of the week I have been having a mass merciless turf out of my Garage - workshop.  I have and am still being ruthless about it and the scrap pile is growing bigger day by day and to date I have had two great big bonfires, by next week you'll be able to park two rollers side by side and still have room to work, I HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.