Friday 11 July 2014

Cracking the whip...

Just some of my secret stash being incinerated.
 Wow, I'll be pleased when I get this lot all done and can return to my normal sedentary life.  Sanny is aching in places she did even know she had.  But the garage/workshop is now completed with tons of room but already I've found things I have thrown out which I need, I knew there was a valid reason of hoarding all this junk.

And of course some going to the scrap man.
Most of the scrap has now gone, including an eight foot square, two foot deep metal tank I built years ago for number one son to dip the fence panels he made into wood preservative.  It's not doing my back much good this!  Hopefully the rest of it will go today.

We had a visitation from our letting agent on Tuesday to inspect the house after our tenants have left.  Things where much as we had expected and the place was clean.  Thanks to Lesley & Andrew for being good tenants and I hope their new house proves to be a happy home.
End result a clean and tidy workshop again.

 Of course this means that the next phase of our working summer has now started.  We are trying to get everything done as soon as we possibly can in order for the new tenants to move in and for us to have some time to ourselves and with the Grand kids before setting off back to Greece in Early September.
Our House, now empty and waiting.



With the insurance at last paying out we have got a decorator in the redecorate the entire ground floor but he can't start until late this month.  With this in mind (and the fact that I'm a tight Yorkshireman) I thought we would do all the prep work prior to him coming.  So  on Wednesday we took a trip to B&Q to get some bits and pieces, £500 pound lighter we came home prepared.

Sanny stripping for a living, no punters though!
Yesterday morning Sanny and I set about stripping (not a pretty sight) and fitting the new oven in the kitchen. The last tenants had their own oven which they took with them and ours stored in garage had been damaged in the flood.




We managed to get three rooms stripped, barring bits behind radiators etc. the oven fitted and the sealant all stripped out of the shower room ready for replacing.
Still a few bits to do yet.


Both totally knackered by seven in the evening we decided fish and chips would be good for dinner and we ate them on the side of the road out of the paper, yummy.  And then to bed.....

Sorry for the blog being a little late this week but I really didn't feel like doing it last night after the trials and tribulations of the day.
New Oven in the kitchen.damaged in the flood

See yer next week..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.