Thursday 7 February 2013

Brrrr it's a bit cawd up north, tha knows...

"Upsidedown" George? Of course!
Editors note:- I have had complaints in the last week about my tardiness and general laziness in the production of this blog of late.  The accusation is that now we are living on a boat, I don't seem to be able to get the blog out on the correct day of the week (Thursday) any more.   Well, my answer is that, in all things connected with this blog I will maintain full editorial privilege and as such I will publish at my convenience which means that in future it will always be on a Thursday unless I forget, have other things to do or don't feel like it!

We went to "Ola Kala" (Up side down Georges) in Nidri on Tuesday evening to celebrate the inordinately slow and very long winded process of the ageing of Debs! She's been twenty three for the five years we've known her and I'm beginning to suspect there may be some porkies being told here.  We started the evening with a champagne reception at the Yacht Club before going for the main event to Ola Kala.  I think a great time was had by all with the possible exception of Kev, who succumbed to George's wily ways and partook of his 100% heat sauce to add to his curry.  He looked like it was a real battle to eat it up but in true Parachute regiment fashion, he didn't leave a big red splodge for others to clean up, well done Kev. 
Deb's Party - Happy Birthday to you...

We had a great meal and a great time with George doing his party tricks on the table, Deb & Ann doing their Saturday night fever impersonation and the TV playing YouTube videos which were never really quite the part!  Thanks Debbie and Jeremy for a really fun night sorry we had to leave early.

Sandra silhouetted against Athens Airport - Hmmmm!  
We set off for Athens the next morning at six thirty and were sat in the Airport under five hours later despite having a coffee and pee stop at Patras.  Everything seemed to go just perfectly the whole journey which really does make a change.  I changed the SIM card in my phone for my UK in the airport and found it was not working.  I thought perhaps just because it was roaming but it still didn't work when we got to Manchester.  So we couldn't ring Sandra's dad as soon as we got there as planned, (have you tried to find a pay phone which takes money lately?) So we had to stop at a motorway service station and buy a new SIM.  You now can't buy them with credit on them so of course you have to go through the rigmarole of registering the card.  I know I'm not young but I think I'm fairly speedy on a keyboard, you try reading a nineteen digit number and typing in the phone in about 15 seconds, it took me about six attempts before got it in time and that was only because by this time I had memorised the number.  And then you have to register a plastic card before you can top it up, phew, all this on top of a long day getting back to the UK.  Anyway suffice to say he was fine when we eventually contacted him.  All the kids seem pleased as we've spoke to them all today but going to see the Grand kids can't happen until school kicks out in about an hours time, so we've still got a lot to do yet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.