Thursday 10 March 2016

The wanderer returning...

Excuse the mess it won't be like that tomorrow!
 It doesn't seem like two weeks ago this morning that San departed for Athens en-route to the UK and today she has started her return leg.  She's having an overnight stay in a hotel at Manchester airport as she needs to be there at six in the morning which would have meant leaving home at silly o'clock and having a taxi.  This way she is more rested and relaxed and it won't be costing a whole lot more.  By tomorrow evening, strikes permitting, she should be back home.

Shiny top sides again. 
I have been working for the full time like a man possessed with cleaning, polishing and small repair jobs which needed doing.  These little jobs are best done when San is not here because she has a tendency to follow me around with the vacuum cleaner only for me to promptly make some more mess where she has just cleaned.  I, on the other hand can live with the muck as long as it takes to do the work.

and she looks all right from the front too.

 The difficulty has been getting a break in the weather to do the outside stuff like polishing Lesanda's hull.  I finally got the opportunity on Tuesday and was rewarded in the evening with a trip to the Indian restaurant at Palairos with Debbie and Jez.  Of course being on my own I also brought home a take-away to have on Wednesday.  I am not the greatest cook in the world, I manage but Sanny is a hard act to follow.  Anyway that'll soon be a thing of the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.