Thursday 16 January 2014

AN improvement in a couple of aspects...

Things have progressed on a couple of fronts this week.  Last week I was whinging about insurance, which is still an issue as my insurance has decided to unilaterally withdraw flood cover and backdate it to the beginning of my policy, in other words they are not going to pay out.  As you can imagine I am fighting this to the death but currently I am getting work ongoing with the house and paying out myself, although I will be leaving some of the work until after I get the insurers to extricate their heads from which ever dark hole they are sticking it.
Christmas tree???
The complaints procedure is now under way with the insurers and only when this is exhausted can I escalate it with the ombudsman.  It really is infuriating when you have tried your hardest to make the claim as minimal as possible especially when we all know of people who have really taken the mickey with regards to claims and never had problems at all, hey ho!


I looks as though I may be able to avoid having surgery on the old back as things have eased very much this week, in fact I have been helping with skirting board installation at the house simply to try and reduce the costs a little.  I am down to about twenty five percent of the drugs I was having to take only a week ago so hopefully things will carry on going in the right direction.

One of the things about living at Sandra's dad's house is that we are literally on the river Ouse which is a major shipping artery.  The Jetty which is just over the bank from Geoff's veg garden often has ships staying on it sometimes for several days and sometimes just to wait for the tide to be deep enough to continue their journey.  Overnight they are always lit up like Christmas trees as in the picture above taken at two thirty in the morning just after it had moored.  Ah the penalties of being an insomniac.  It's fascinating to see flags from all over the world (like the Russian one above) being displayed in this sleepy little backwater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.