Thursday 4 October 2012

Ee lad it's been waam...

The Girls in Ioannina.
 It's been hot weather for the last couple of weeks, we were talking to someone yesterday who had recorded over 40 degrees at the end of last week on their shaded balcony but in general it's been in the mid to late thirties.  It's a little cooler this last couple of days now about thirty during the day but feels much, much fresher.  In fact it looks like the weather may break in the nest few day as the clouds seem to be building in an evening, but this doesn't stop us eating al fresco as it's still shorts and tea shirts all night long.


Moon rise over Preveza marina
The weather has meant that work on Lesanda has been slow and I've had a couple of days with the girls out sightseeing.  We took them to Ioannina on Monday which I think they both really enjoyed, and it meant that at last I could get a picture to display on the blog.  We have had a real lazy few days since then, going to see David and Janet (the people who relieved us of our furniture) on Tuesday night as they were back on the island for a visit.  It seems that the furniture was made for their new house, I hope it lasts them for many years.
Clouds building from Lesanda berth.

Thunder is a coming.
Yesterday we went up to Vi & Les' for a BBQ in the afternoon.  It's the first time we have seen them since we returned and it may well be the last as they are going back to the UK tomorrow and probably will not be returning until the spring.

This morning, as it felt a little fresher, I decided to go and do some more wiring on the yacht while Sandra took Pat and Jane off to Meganissi for the day, we met up again for a swift cold drink when the ferry returned at five thirty and by that time I think I for one really deserved it.  Just had a phone call from sailing holidays to say I have some paperwork which they need to de-register the yacht from Greek ownership so I'm currently having to scan them all in in case they get lost in transit back to Corfu tomorrow, just can't get used to working full days any more - I know, I think I'll retire and sail off into the sunset :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.