Thursday 3 November 2011

Dining and Digging...

 Now that the clocks have changed it's getting dark here at around 6 o'clock and despite the fact that the days are still glorious the evenings are beginning to get a little cool.  In fact so much so that we have had to switch on the heating for an hour on a couple of evenings which is enough to bring the house up to a reasonable temperature although I'm sure some of our friends here would definitely disagree.  Tony is not happy once it get below thirty degrees.

Sunday evening we went out for a dinner party to Tony & Liz's, with Linda and Kev there also it was a great night, stimulating if sometimes misguided conversations and of course good food and wine, I was treated to Bordeaux rather than my usual supermarket bricks!  Thanks Liz for a fine meal and all of you for a great night out.

We've finally got all the garden into shape as can be seen from the pictures it looks rather nice now even though I do say so myself.  The oranges are getting more orange by the day and hopefully it won't be long before Sandra can start making some more delicious marmalade, we have just ran out of the stuff she made earlier on in the year.  This years crop looks like being a bumper one so there should be enough for Sandra and Liz and also plenty left for juice.
 Today I have been chain sawing again to get the last of this winters wood which I had secreted away ready for when we need to light the fire and also cut down some branches to be stored down the drive side in order to get dried for next year, I would have liked to have chopped down a little more of the holy oak as it's constantly dropping acorns and leaves on the car but I would need a triple extender ladder to do it and Sandra is not keen on me pirouetting at heights with a chainsaw in my hand!  Can't understand why!
Just quick birthday wishes to our daughter in law Claire for this coming week on 11/11/11 that'll never happen again well not for another hundred years and I won't be around to comment or if I am I'll have had great value out of my pension!!

2 comments:

  1. i definitely want 2 retire somewhere where i can pick my own oranges :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.