Thursday 25 August 2011

only eleven days to go...

Well it's getting near time to be setting off back to the sun, we leave from Hull on the ferry to Zeebrugge in a week and a half.  It can't come a day too soon!

With this in mind we have been having a few days out since the last blog.  Starting last Friday when we when to see Allen and Jean, Allen and I went to play golf at a course near Selby which I had not been to before, it must have been the fact that it was new to me because I played absolutely abysmally, well that's my excuse anyway.  Later we went back to their caravan for an evening meal which Allen cooked for us, I can say beyond doubt that it was the finest food I have had for a long time.  A Moroccan curry on a bed of savoury couscous with pomegranate, it was very tasty and worthy of a Michelin star all on it's own.  Thanks for a great day you two.  

On Saturday evening went for another home made curry to Sandra's cousin Paul and his wife Nicci, again it was excellent fare with all the delicacies you would expect from an Indian meal and some very nice wine to wash it all down with, Sandra was driving so it wasn't a problem. A great night with stimulating conversation and good food who could ask for more?
Mark, Maureen and Sandra in the pub Garden
On Sunday Maureen and Mark came for the day in the "Barbara Bus" a wheel chair friendly people carrier, I was impressed by the winch installed in the back to lower Mark in his chair down the ramp and of course to raise him back into it when the time came for moving on.  I expected having to run full tilt with Mark screaming for mercy in order to get him up the slope, oh well I suppose I shall have to go back to kicking children for my laughs then (only joking before anyone writes back to me!).  I was going to get Mark to cook us a curry as I know he has been making them in the hospital as part of his rehab project, but I thought three curries in three days just might not be good for the environment especially when we get locked up in the evening in our little caravan!  So instead we went to the "Hope & Anchor" on the banks of the river Ouse at Blacktoft, just down the road from us and had another delicious meal and a couple of pints of "real" ale.    

Mark & I in deep discussion in our caravan awning (picture courtesy of Maureen from Facebook) 
On leaving the pub I walked with Mark through the village while Sandra and Maureen took the cars to Geoff's (Sandra's dad's) house.  An hour later and Maureen loaded down with produce from the garden and we set off back to sunny Yokefleet and our summer home in the caravan in the paddock.  We spent the afternoon chin wagging and coffee supping and before you knew it it was starting to come dark so the guys had to go home as the roads in rural East Yorkshire ain't so good especially those with ten foot deep dykes at the side.  Thanks for the great day you two and keep your chins up through the next few weeks, hopefully we'll get to see you both again around Christmas time when we are home again.

Finally I would just like to congratulate our eldest grandson, Dale, he has just received his GCSE results this morning and got 2xA's, 4xB's 3xC's and a D.  Well done mate we are both very proud of you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.