Thursday 28 January 2016

and it goes on and on and...

Uniquely wrapped bottle from Lou & Pete.

Joint Party with Irene.
 Well this sixtieth Birthday just seems to be going on and on.  On Friday we had a joint birthday bash with Irene who was sixty a couple of days after me (young whipper snapper that she is!).  We and a group of close friends had a meal at a new restaurant which has opened in Lefkas in the premises which used to be the shell.  I can't remember it's name now, could be the effects of all that wine!

We had a smashing evening and most of the Greek people who were in the restaurant also joined in with the party and dancing after a little cajoling from Sanny.  I think we did our bit for international relations when we apologised for spoiling their evenings when we left but they all insisted that they had also had a great night.

Sharing a joint cake - very sweet.
The Birthday cake was given to Irene and I by the restaurant which was a really nice gesture.  They also added to the lashings of wine on the table during the meal, thanks for that guys.

Last night I had the my final and bestest birthday present.  Jez and Debs took us for a "bub" (Indian meal) to Palairos.  I could not have asked for a more appropriate gift given the fact that I would eat Asian food until it came out of my ears!  Thanks for another great night you two it was superb and the food was divine.

Not forgetting the dancing.
I am hoping that we can now get back to normal and I am no longer in anyone's spotlight.  This means I can continue my life as a pseudo Victor Meldrew and sit in a corner contemplating my navel.

The nights have been very cold for a week or so now until yesterday when the warmth arrived back.  It was a super day getting to about twenty two degrees in the afternoon and staying around ten degrees overnight, much more to our liking.

Greek dancing too.
We think it's probably been the best January weather wise, we can remember in the eight years we have been out here.  And despite the fact that the nights have been a little cold we have not had any frost and only a couple of days with rain, most of the other days have been bright and sunny if cool.  January and February are normally quite wet months but the forecast looks good for the next couple of weeks and by that time it will be getting towards spring.
G Pontoon from Lesanda's bows.

 I think that's about it for now, we will get on with planning our little mini break around the Peloponnese which we hope to be going on in the next couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.