Thursday 14 August 2014

Party time...

Jean with her birthday and er.. her husband too.
 Sandra and I had the weekend off, well dog sitting for John, Fiona and the kids whilst they had a weekend away.  Fi, was participating in the Marie Currie 5km run at castle Howard, subtitled run or die, with some friends and they decided to make a weekend of it in the tent leaving us to take charge of the reptiles and Dino, my best mate at the moment.
The table is spread, the diners await.

 Saturday night we went for a surprise party for our Jean our bestest pal.  Her daughters Kelly and Kirsty had arranged it unbeknown to her and it was a super evening with the restaurant reserved just for us.  We caught up with some people who we haven't seen for a long time and also met some new acquaintances, it was a super night thanks girls for allowing us the privilege to be a part of it.

Monday and the decorator didn't turn up or phone up.  Worst fears now realised.  So, after cutting all the grass we went to B&Q to get a few bit and bobs and tomorrow I would start wallpapering!


My pal Dino.
Tuesday, almost completed the dining room and made a quick repair to the downstairs shower base which has some airline cracks in it.  Wednesday started doing the back hallway which has six internal doors in it loads of switches and sockets and the controls for the central heating all to negotiate with the wall paper.  It only takes four rolls but every drop has something to be cut around in it and I have only just finished it at six thirty tonight.

Back hallway finished.
The good news is that the decorator turned up this morning and now I don't have to do the lounge and the front hall, stairs and landing.  He has got three walls of the lounge done today but I am not sure that a professional is that much better at it than I am.

Dining room in Sandra's bright colour mood.
In the meantime, back on planet flower festival, Sandra has been putting in loads of overtime trying to get the organisation sorted for this weekends flower festival.  Hopefully I should be able to give her a hand tomorrow, seeing as I now have a decorator!  Not touching anything to do with the flowers you understand but I'm sure she'll let me near the balloons she needs inflating.

Hopefully some pictures of her endeavours next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.