Thursday 10 October 2013

Home alone...

Fi's flower stand.
As people who regularly read this blog will know Sandra has gone back to the UK for the funeral of her much loved uncle and godfather and will be returning this Sunday, always assuming that she hasn't found a better offer while my back is turned :-).  It seems that the funeral was well attended by all the family which doesn't at all surprise me as Ron was a really popular and well liked fellow.  On Sandra's request I have to make a special mention of Fiona, our daughter in law,  for the fabulous floral tributes she produced for the church and the funeral.

Close up of the wreath.

On the other hand two thousand miles away I have been on a self catering exercise, and surprisingly I have not managed to poison myself yet.  I must admit that it's all been basic stuff and I have managed to get myself a couple of times when invited by friends, however I do tend to be a tad antisocial when left on my own as Sandra has always been the social animal and I just tag on beside her.  Our many friends here on the island have been keeping tabs on me though so I don't think I will be dead too long before I'm discovered.

I have taken the opportunity to do a few jobs around the place which I knew would involve (a) making a mess and (b) not getting tidied up in what San would think a timely manner ie, I can go to bed knowing that all my gear is scattered about the boat ready to resume the next morning, something Sanny would never tolerate!

And another dawn breaks.
So our mains electricity lighting system was really just plugged in lights with the wires just trailing away to the nearest sockets now I have hidden all the wiring for our lighting and routed it back the the mains board.  Of course on a boat you can't just bash a channel into the wall for the cables they have to go through lockers and bulkheads and under head linings which all takes time.  I have also re-tapped the bolt for the tiller height stop which has been waiting for ever and repaired a stanchion which a nice German lady broke back in the spring.

Now I'm taking it easy and getting some much needed guitar practice in while I have the opportunity and no one nagging me to make less noise (more the singing than the playing really)!  and I must admit counting down the hours until my right hand returns on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.