Thursday 17 January 2013

The Birthday Boy...

Snackets which Sandra made for the evening.
On Saturday night we went to see the latest incarnation of the islands band now called "White Beach" at Mama Mia's in Nidri.  The first set was truly awful and as Peter and Alison had booked them for Alison's Daughter's wedding in the summer, I feared for the worst!  Alison and Peter where due to be with us to watch the performance and I was pleased that they hadn't made it for the first set as they were still working up in the restaurant.  Anyway the second set was an improvement, I think the singer, Andy had been suffering from nerves, it's not easy getting up in front of people and performing but he seemed to be settling now.  When Alison and Pete arrived towards the end of the second set the band were beginning to flow and actually made an half decent job of the third set so we were quite pleased for them.  Given that this was only their second performance in this formation I think they did quite well at least at the end.  Anyway they have still kept their wedding gig booking!
The Gang toasting the Birthday Boy!

The weather this last week has been rather wet and rather windy at times.  In fact we were bouncing around quite well on Monday and Tuesday.  Sandra has managed to get through it all fine without having to resort to sea sickness tablets, I'm beginning to think that perhaps she has a touch of the old sea dog in her after all!!

Wednesday was my birthday, thank you to all those people who sent me cards, messages and texts, wishing me birthday greetings.  It's quite touching that so many people bothered, I mean I'm only the one that tags on behind Sanny, she's the popular one!
A rare picture of me with not so rare glass in hand!

San, made nibbles for Tony, Liz, Deb and Jez to partake in on the boat (just so I could stow away all those expensive pressies!!) prior to going across onto the mainland to the village of Plagia for a meal last night.  It was excellent value and thanks you guys for taking us.  Ah well another year older, I think someone might start insisting that I grow up soon and act my age but without a Zimmer frame that will be hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.