Thursday 20 December 2012

A little before Christmas...

I had a strange experience the other day, I was walking through the marina unsuccessfully going from chandlers to chandlers trying to get an oil filter for Lesanda's engine, when I stopped to talk to Paul who in turn was talking to another couple who I did not know.  The lady, Linda, says to me "are you Les".  I immediately did a double take wondering if I owed money to anyone, and then cautiously answered yes.  She then introduced herself and said that she recognised me from this blog and said that I was part of the reason that her and her husband had come back out here to live for a couple of years.  They are currently staying with friends but if anyone reading this knows of a house for a reasonable rent on the flattish bits at the north of the island I'm sure she would be interested.
Some of the "crowd" at the quiz.

From the other end.
 Having as I said earlier failed to get a oil filter I have had to put the oil change on hold until the new year, I was hoping to get it out of the way before the Yuletide merriments began in earnest, but the only place which seems to have the correct filter is closed down until well into January, you'd think given the economic climate, time off would be on hold, not the Greek system I'm afraid.

Sandra and I have organised a meal and quiz night at Remezzo's restaurant on the Marina and this took place on Tuesday night.  I think, with forty attendees it was a great success although everybody, bar the winners, thought the questions too hard.  If we ever do it again, I'll have to get the grand children to write the questions; maybe not, they could be well beyond my feeble intellect.
View from our pontoon towards Lefkas town.

The quiz was very well attended and Sanny and I would like to thank everyone for making it such a special night, and also thank Nikos from Remezzo's for supplying the venue and putting on the meal and wine.  Thanks all.

Finally I would like to wish everyone who reads my weekly diatribe a very happy Christmas and just in case I have not recovered for next week a great, prosperous and healthy 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.