Thursday 14 July 2011

Busy week doing things for the Waddy's...

No. 3 Son in the caravan.
 Over the weekend number 3 son John gave me a new phone to replace my ageing Sony Ericsson which has started having problems.  It's one of those new fangled android things which you can get Facebook and internet apps on.  HTC Desire is the type and model so I thought I would take a few pictures for this weeks blog on it which at seven mega pixels has more resolution than my camera has.  Thanks John I think I've got used to it now.


Newly plumbed Washer.






We have taken advantage of this weeks cool (pretty cold for us) weather to put running water into the garage for the kitchen and to plumb in our washing machine.  Sandra was getting fed up of having to take washing to various peoples houses to get it washed, taking advantage of their generosity.  So we needed to provide drainage for the grey water and while doing this we have made an outside drain access so we don't now have to empty the grey water produced in the caravan it's just piped away.  Similarly with the fresh water we've now got it plumbed into the mains for automatic top ups to the aquaroll.  Having now got a tap in the garage kitchen Sandra decided that things were not arranged to her liking so we've had to have a rehash in that department too!
New layout for Garage kitchen

Caravan waste now piped into drain,

Sky and Freeview set-up for caravan. 
The TV situation is now on a permanent plug in and go situation.  We only need to roll up put the legs down and roll out the cables from the shed and plug them in now.  It gives us our Sky+ system in the awning (and the caravan if there's something recorded we want to watch in the warmth given the English summers) and also Free-view in the caravan permanently.  It also has the advantage of when I want to watch something different, I can do so in the awning.  The built in caravan "Status" aerial isn't really good at digital TV so I've put a household aerial on the shed as well as the satellite dish with an umbilical loom of cable which connects to the van.

Hopefully this will bring and end to what work I had in mind to do for us while at home, just another couple of jobs to do for the lads and a computer to repair and we should be laid back for the rest of our home trip.  I hope I can watch quite a bit of the open this week as I still haven't had the chance to go and have a round or two myself.  We should be going to see Mark & Maureen again soon if Mark makes a bit of a comeback from his current difficulties (dig in kid we're all rooting for you) and Wednesday next week we are going to the Driffield  show, to do the country bumkin thing, as is expected of us Yorkshire men.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.