Thursday 5 May 2011

A very quiet week for me...

There are no pictures this week as I haven't really been anywhere as I am doing all the chores left to me by Sandra who left for the UK on Sunday from Preveza airport.  The airport was full of people we knew taking the first flights back to the UK from our local airport after the winter, the first flight to Gatwick seemed quite full although someone did say that there had been a flight in the week before, the Manchester flight however only had about thirty people on board so that was great for Sandra.  The alternative is to catch the KTEL coach from Lefkas town to Athens and then the local bus to Athens airport and from there onwards to Blighty.  But from now until October there should be flight availability from Preveza only one hour away from our end of the Island and only about half an hour from Lefkas town.  

I have at last had the telly to myself on an evening and been able to watch some of the films which my sons gave me which Sandra doesn't like and I can watch the history channel to my hearts content.  I have at last installed the cooker we bought about five weeks ago, it took me about seven hours to put the cable back to the mains from the cooker as it involved some major dismantling of kitchen units to hide the cable.  I didn't want to start chasing out walls etc. as it's not my house and it isn't fair to start knocking things about.  I have also painted the chimney breast, washed the car twice because of the "red" rain we have been getting (and it's still not clean!) done the flower beds and pressure washed Liz's outside wall downstairs which was going green/black with algae.  So you can see I have been a busy bunny while been home alone!

I have been out for a meal to Vasiliki with Tony, Liz, Deb and Jez which was very nice and I got a bottle of wine given by the restaurant to bring home for Sandra (it's white).  Jez and Deb had guests staying with them, his ex-business partner and his sister.  They were great company and I thoroughly enjoyed my evening, in fact I may be eating out with them again tonight!

Anyway, must get on now as I'm taking advantage of an empty house to give my guitar a good thrashing, not for the faint hearted!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.