Sunday 27 June 2010

Whew...

Well we've been back in the UK for two weeks now and our feet haven't yet touched the ground. On top of this it seems like June is, for the first time in years, living up to it's billing as "Flaming June". It's not that it is particularly hot although 30 degrees is forecast for Sunday, it's just so bloody muggy. This isn't helping me with all the painting and things I'm doing ready for people swarming to the agent bartering to give me money for the rental of my house!! Half full glass I think!

We have converted the office back to a bedroom and painted it all god there was tons of junk in there, quite a lot of it from when I was werk, no wurc, no whirk, bugger it when I used to get paid by someone, so all this had to be destroyed it wouldn't do for someone to find company docs at the tip even though they are over three years old now. We've got rid of loads of furniture and the house is looking quite empty now but bigger as a result. Halfway through doing the upstairs bathroom at the mo but it's now officially on the letting market complete with a sign outside and an entry on the agents website so there's no going back.

Had to do a mercy dash to the hospital on Thursday as number two son, Chris, tried stopping a swinging one ton concrete lintel with his foot whilst up a ladder, bloody fool! It managed to trap his foot between a wall and the lintel a broke his 5th metatarsal so he's now in pot! That means yet more grass I have to cut! Good job he had steel toe capped wellies on or otherwise it have crushed his foot in a much more serious manner, he's 33 coming on 13...

This morning, Saturday, I took the eldest Grandson (15 yrs old), Dale, to have his suit fitted for Gary's wedding. He's six feet tall and built like the proverbial brick outhouse (rugby player) and as he emerged from the changing room he looked very smart in the outfit until you looked down to the bottom of the 3/4 length jacket and could see the gusset of his trousers down near his knees. I asked him to pull them up properly so we could see if the trousers fitted properly and he said he would but they would be half mast, it took ages to convince him that they would alter the leg length to suit and that you couldn't wear a dress suit with your pants halfway down your ass, although I suspect he would have preferred to have them that way. Oh well I suppose his dad's proud of him.

Tomorrow is a busy day (although I've just realised it is tomorrow 3:55 am). I have a run to the tip with the trailer to get rid of some more rubbish, I then Have to go to number three sons and rehang a door for him. Hopefully then back for the Grandprix and the footy than a BBQ with all the kids, lovely!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my cousins are keeping you busy x i bet you haven't worked so hard love to all xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.