Thursday 20 May 2010

Quiet week on the eastern front...

The weather has been pretty poor since our last update, we have had quite a lot of rain and it's well below average temperatures for this time of year. In fact we've had to have some heating on for a couple of nights just to feel more comfortable when slobbing out in front of the television. The locals are, as usual, reverting to form and going into hibernation huddled up in their winter coats and being conspicuous by their absence. We have managed to get out and about for a couple of days though in fact Sandra is currently in Ioannina with Mantha and Effie having her hair done, god help my wallet again. I hope she remembered to takes her rain coat as it's just started thundering and lightening outside and it looks like we are in for a real heavy storm.

I have managed to cut the lawn again this week with the shears which meant that yesterday had to be a real day of rest to recover from the back ache it caused. I will bring back my strimmer from England when we return back to Greece, this will make it much easier.

This morning I picked up an injured Tortoise off the road while walking back from the kafenion. It had obviously been just caught by a car and it's shell was broken across it's hind quarter with some blood but it was at least still trying to move. I moved it off the road and into the grass back from the verge side, I do hope it survives as they are such endearing inoffensive little creatures and it's marvelous to see them in the wild

Next Monday we shall be Picking Sandra's cousin Dawn and her husband Graham up from Corfu Airport and bring them on the ferry to Igoumenitsa and then on to Assos to spend a couple of weeks with us prior to going home with us in the car to the UK on the 8th June. I think Sandra is beginning to get quite excited about this as she hasn't seen her for six months and they usually had at least one day a week together when we were in England. I'm sure we will be able to give them a very good tour of Epirus showing them all the places we have found in the couple of years since we first came to Parga.

I'm not going to risk downloading any pictures this week because it's the mammy and daddy of all thunderstorms outside and I'm likely to keep losing my connection which is painfully slow at the best of times. See ya soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.